Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet. The Company is therefore inviting application from qualified personnel to fill various positions.
1.1 Pilot-in-Command – Dash 8 (11 Posts)
Must possess Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) and with performance “A”.Must additionally achieve the following:-
· Minimum of 4000 hours flying experience of which 2000 hours must be command on multi-engine aircraft; Above 17 ton.
· Group 1 endorsement on DASH 8 or Equivalent with a minimum of 500 hours command on type;
· Pass an oral interview and flying acceptance check conducted by the Company;
· Must pass a Base and Route check with an Instrument Rating within 10 and 70 hours respectively;
· Track record of good performance as a Commander and no accident record.
b) Duties and responsibilities:
· To command the aircraft with due regard for safety and comfort of passengers at all times.
· To maintain a high standard of discipline, appearance, uniformity and promptness on their Co-Pilots and Cabin Crew.
· To determine that commercial aspects of their flights are achieved and whenever safety is not impaired to obtain additional revenue load for the Company.
· To ascertain that they are briefed of Flight Plans, Notam, Fleet Notices, Weather and any pertinent documentation and service items that their flight may require.
· To verify that the loading of their aircraft has been performed in accordance with laid down procedures.
· To report all incidents and accidents.
· To verify that all documents/certificates required being on board the aircraft are available and valid.
· To report any flights.
· To accept and sign for diplomatic mail, precious cargo and supervise their stowage aboard the aircraft and handover to destinations.
1.2 Co-Pilot – DASH 8 (8 Posts)
Holder of Commercial Pilots License (CPL IR & ME) plus performance “A” subject to passing the following:-
· Successful completion of the Base Training within 10 hours.
· Successful completion of the Route Training within 100 hours (Minimum 70 hours)
· Passing Instrument Rating Examination done by a TCAA approved examiner.
· Passing an English proficiency test (level 4 or better).
· Passing Oral interview and acceptance check conducted by the Company.
b) Duties and Responsibilities:
· To collect the Navigation Bag containing aircraft Library from Operations Control and ensure that the relevant documents are in order to return same to Operations Control after completion of flights.
· To check all documents and inform Pilot-in-Command of any Notam, Fleet Notices of any information that may affect their flights.
· To supervise refueling of aircraft and enter details in their relevant documents.
· To maintain continuous watch on the available communication frequencies with the appropriate Air Traffic Control.
· To maintain cabin and cockpit temperatures at comfortable levels during flight.
· To complete Voyage Report Forms, Technical Log entries, computation of take off, approach and landing speeds and to ensure that the Pilot-in-command signs them at the end of flights.
· To command the aircraft on instruction from the Pilot-in-Command or on incapacitation of Pilot-in-Command and assume responsibility for the safety of the aircraft.
· To verify that the control locks, engine locks and any other locks are properly fitted on the aircraft at night stations where night stops are made.
1.3 Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (6 Posts)
· Holder of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License (ICAO Type II) and/or
· Holder of a Degree in Aircraft Maintenance or any other Degree in relevant Engineering field from a recognized institution
· Possession of a Type Rated Aircraft Maintenance License will be an added advantage
· Conversant with the Tanzania Civil Aviation Regulations (TCARs)
· Must be computer literate
(b) Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform both scheduled and nonscheduled Line and Base aircraft Maintenance
· Perform aircraft maintenance activities in accordance with TCARs and Air Tanzania Company Limited requirements
· Carry out Airframes, Engines and Avionics systems maintenance on aircraft as per work packages prepared and assigned by the Planning Section of the Technical Department
· Use a wide variety of diagnostic devices e.g. computers and mechanical tools to troubleshoot and rectify aircraft defects.
· Perform removal and installation of aircraft components, repair, assembling and testing of aircraft systems
· To carry out minor repairs of ground support equipment, upholstery and aircraft components
1.4 Cabin Crew (5 Posts)
· A minimum of “O” level Secondary Certificate with passes in Geography, English & History.
· Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili, additional language is an added advantage preferably Hindi, Arabic & Chinese.
· Aged between 18-25 (for experienced applicants a maximum of 30 years)
· Must be an Ab initio trained with valid cabin crew license.
· Medical examination class 2
· Height of 5.2” feet and above with standard B.M.I.
· Outgoing personality, team player good interpersonal skills and displinned.
b).Duties and Responsibilities:
· To attend pre-flight briefing and debriefing.
· To carry out pre-flight duties.
· To inform passengers of the aircraft safety procedures.
· To follow all directions given by the Flight Purser.
· Ensures the safety of passengers, crew and aircraft through adherence to Company policies and standard operating procedures.
· To deliver high level of passenger service and assist in on-time performance.
· To make safety announcement and answer passenger questions during the flight.
· To reassure passengers in emergency situation and ensure that they follow safety procedures correctly.
· To promote ATCL product through effective communication with passengers.
· Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s salary scale.
3. Terms Of Employment:
i) PILOTS – 5 years contract (renewable)
ii) Cabin Crew – 3 years contract (renewable)
4. Mode of Application:
Interested applicants must submit the following for consideration of the applications:
i) A curriculum vitae (CV);
ii) Certified copies of certificates, licenses testimonials birth certificate and other relevant certificates;
iii) Two recent passport size photographs;
iv) For Cabin Crew full size photo in addition.
v) Names and addresses of at least two reputable referees;
vi) Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers.
5. Closing Date:
The application letters should reach the undersigned within 14 days from the first date of this announcement:-
Managing Director& Chief Executive Officer
Air Tanzania Company Limited,
P.O. Box 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Source Habari Leo: 18th February 2017.